A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Friday, August 11, 2006

The No-Fun League

Chad Johnson, on his plans for this season's TD celebrations in the wake of another announced crackdown by the NFL Competition Committee:

"Look, they said you can't use props, right?" Johnson said. "You can't bring anything onto the field, or hide it in the end zone, or whatever. I mean, to me, it's silly, because on one hand they really want us to be entertainers, and then they take away a way to entertain people. But here's the thing: Every week, I will get in front of the cameras and kind of announce, in a secret way, what I want the fans to do for that game. I mean, it'll be kind of like a code, but there will be enough hints that people should be able to get it. And every week, the fans will be my props. They can't fine me for that. It's going to drive the competition committee crazy trying to figure it out.

"It's going to be like a soap opera, a continuing thing every week, with new episodes. People won't be able to miss it because, just like with a soap opera, you'll lose track. So everyone is going to have to watch to get that week's secret message. Plus, with the year I'm going to have, they're not going to want to miss any of it anyway."



Also: fantasy football?

5 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

I love Chad Johnson!!!

Did you see him on the front of ESPN.com with all gold teeth?

8:23 PM

 
Blogger Intrepidflame said...

He is so fuckin great. I can't wait to watch his antics.

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

I'd be down for some FF. I actually joined some random public league and got Peyton Manning for my first pick. Forget picking *only* RBs first. He'll throw for 2 TDs per game at least.

1:52 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

...and is less prone to a devastating freak injury.

What was the figure--the average running back lasts for only 3 years in the NFL?

5:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Babies in a rocking chair Botulinum toxin hand tetraplegia http://www.adulttoys7.info laptops computer shopping Camaro battery relocation

1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home