A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Monday, July 31, 2006

Talent Show

I was kinda bored this weekend, so I put together a little talent show in the garage with some of my friends in the neighborhood.

I built a stage out of bricks and plywood. We had 8 contestants, and the adults were the judges. They sat in lawnchairs in the driveway, fanning themselves between acts.

I lost because during my hip hop dance routine, my shoe got kicked off and landed in the watermelon bowl I carved for the afterparty, containing fruits of some note: Canteloupe, or "musk melon", honeydew, strawberries, blueberries and grapes. Some of the adults laughed when it happened, thinking it was part of the act, but when I ran off the stage crying and got on my bike and sped off, everyone was just looking at their shoes in shame.

A girl who did a baton routine to "Hot Child in the City" won, runner-up a ventriloquist act, and finally, the kid who turns his eyelids inside out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home