A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Friday, March 31, 2006

Inspiration comes in waves

Sometimes, we all need a little kick in the ass. A little whisper that says, "You go big boy. Get out of bed. Eat that Thomas's 6-pack bagel with some nice Philly cream cheese. You can do it. Don't forget your belt though: only tools don't wear belts when they tuck in their shirts. There you go. Good. You're ready to go to another day."

Well, my kick in the ass came from this nugget of goodness: Billy Ocean's "When the Going Gets Tough." It says many things to me: it talks of innocence, faith, and the human spirit. But maybe most of all it says to me: "You, big guy, you can do it too. Go out and get 'em tiger. And don't let nothin' stand in your damn way."

Thank you, Billy Ocean. You, sir, have given me pause. I salute you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home