A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Goddamn I love these Google mash-ups.

I don't know why, but there's just something so cool about those Google maps mash-ups. I just found a cool one for census stuff/demographics for your area. Apparantly in a 1 mile radius of my current digs, it's about 50% whitey and 50% minority. Go progressive Tejas! Then again, this is from the 2000 census which is most definitely outdated...median home value is like $77K, and I know it's higher than that now.
Google, bitches!

2 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Within one mile of me average income is 22 grand and house value is 63,000!

4:02 PM

 
Blogger neill said...

Within 1 mile-- median house value is 170,000 and median income is 27,000 (avg 41k).

But within five miles? Median inc is 49k, average is 69k and median housing is 190k.

In either case, it's look very white out there.

5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home