A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Monday, July 30, 2007

Odds and Ends

I've been meaning to write a longer post for a little while now, but in the meantime....

The new Interpol: A

The new Spoon: B

My new car (2004 Pontiac Vibe): B on its own merits; A- relative to its class

The US' new $20B arms deal with Saudi Arabia: F-fucking-minus. What the hell is wrong with you people? Let me get this straight -- buying weed from the unemployed drifter in the park supports terrorism (per those goddamn PSAs), but selling weapons to a government that supports terrorism does not, in itself, support terrorism?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

I saw this the other day and quickly turned off the TV and started rocking back and forth. Despicable.

3:58 PM

 
Blogger Omar said...

From what I understand, I can't believe that Israel would be okay with such a substantial arms package. What's despicable is this fawning review of the new Interpol album. Derivative twaddle, I say. C+, and that's being charitable.

10:48 PM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

I'm sort of torn on the Spoon. It's just so damn glossy. Have you ever heard their LP Girls Can Tell? Now that's some dope shit right thurr.

You know what is incredibly awesome though? The Exploding Hearts' Guitar Romantic. Whoa, Nelly!

8:01 AM

 
Blogger neill said...

Really? I'd heard that before I got it, but I don't think it's any more glossy than their last one. Girls Can Tell is by far their best work, though.

The new Interpol is the first of the three I have where I can actually listen to the entire album in one go. Of course it's derivative -- but so is pretty much everything else I listen to, so I've gotten beyond worrying about that sort of thing.

9:41 AM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

I guess I should get that Interpol album...I always liked their first one well enough.

Yeah, I listened to the Spoon again yesterday and there are some really good songs, but some surprisingly mediocre filler, which maybe is my main problem.

3:44 PM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

I'm starting to really enjoy the last 4 songs on the album.

3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home