A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

2007 Midyear Music Roundup

10. Amy Winehouse – Back To Black
09. The Clientele – God Save The Clientele
08. Elliott Smith – New Moon
07. Deerhoof – Friend Opportunity
06. Andrew Bird – Armchair Apocrypha
05. Panda Bear – Person Pitch
04. The National – Boxer
03. The Field – From Here We Go Sublime
02. The Twilight Sad – Fourteen Autumns, Fifteen Winters
01. Electrelane – No Shouts, No Calls

Basically, 2-6 are all very close, though Electrelane, yearning, pretty, and lovestruck, is far and away the standout of the year for me. Albums that might qualify for this list, but that are still on their way, are Spoon and Bishop Allen. And I really want to get Dizzee Rascal and Pharoahe Monch.

The only album I am really disappointed by is Arcade Fire's new one. I feel nothing when I listen to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home