A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Too Much?

John Q. Undergrad wrote:
Neill,

May I have an extension on the paper, until the class period following the original due date? I have three midterms this week and one next wednesday, same as when the paper is due. As you may guess, my focus has been on other things recently.

Anything at all would be helpful.

Thanks,
John Undergrad
Dear John-- No, I can't offer you an extension. This assignment was posted in the original syllabus, meaning that you've been aware of this responsibility for 6 weeks at this point. Furthermore, you'll recall that it was already extended by two weeks from the original deadline of Oct 11th.

For future reference, I'm sure I can speak for both myself, Prof Z. and the GSIs and professors for your other courses and say that any of us are always more than willing to talk to you about improving your study skills and strategy and time management ability during scheduled office hours.

best,
-neill

4 Comments:

Blogger Jefe said...

Totally legit and straightforward. It wasn't like this was just *dropped* on him. Suck it down!

1:03 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

hahahaha, nicely done professor mojo.

3:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so great. I would have loved to see this guy's face when he read this email.

7:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow someone actually is holding someone acountable for their god damned responsibilities. i'm shocked and very impressed. i've never seen the likes of this before!

-Rachel K

11:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home