A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Sunday, October 22, 2006

And Again

I don't want to turn into one of those "ha ha, my students are dumb!" bloggers, but this one has a real precious gem snuggled deep within its bowels:

Neill, Any chance you can meet with me tomorrow (Monday)? I have some things I'd like to go over regarding the paper that is due on Wednesday and was hoping to talk to you about them. I'd come on Tuesday, but I'd really like feedback before the day before the paper is due. I'm definetly open to meeting outside your office and to be honest, later at night is better for me. Let me know if you're available tomorrow and what times are good for you.
Emphasis, as always, added. I love this one because the student seems to believe that the limiting factor on whether or not we meet outside of office hours is whether they are up for it.

That's right, man. I was going to suggest 9 in the evening, right after I watch the replay of last night's Colbert Report, but I was worried about impeding on your schedule. Thanks for being understanding.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jefe said...

I usually see definitely misspelled "definately," not "definetly." That's much more specialer.

8:01 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

I was telling you on the phone but it bears repeating--I've had the exact same e-mail, where they're telling me they're available that night. Come on.

I'm telling you, the best thing to respond with is "Actually, I'm only awake from 3:45-9:00 in the morning. The rest of my day is taken up with intense mental preparations. How is 4 for you in the park?"

11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home