A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Monday, July 10, 2006

I don't know much about science

When I was a kid, I used to think the moon was illuminated by the sun’s light reflected off of stars. Now that I’m older and college educated, I know better: The earth had a baby, and it was the moon, and the baby swallowed a candle.

No matter where I went, the moon would always follow me. When I turned and gave chase, though, she would shrink away and I could never catch her, no matter how fast I ran. But when I turned my back and walked away, she would follow me again. We would play this game for hours, this chasing game, running through people’s lawns, hiding behind trees, laughing down the empty streets. Later I found out it wasn’t following me at all- I had gotten malaria on a recent trip to Panama and had a 109 temperature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home