A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Misunderestimating My Strategery

Chess, in many respects, is the original Sport of Kings. It pits mind against mind in gladatorial combat. Indeed, it is an explicit representation of war, and succeeding at the highest levels demands the attitude of a field general, willing to make tactical sacrifices in order to reach the strategic goal. And yet, mathematical complexity is not enough to succeed; generations of scientists attempting to design a machine capable of these elegant gambits have only recently met with any success.

That's an interesting point, because during a lull in my job as a lab sitter, I popped over to Yahoo for my first game in at least 5 years. I got whipped in 10 turns. Does anyone have a website I can read, or something?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jefe said...

http://www.wutangcorp.com/

11:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home