A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Friday, June 02, 2006

A Winning Combination

I have a social whathaveyou to stop by in a bit, and since it's being held at an absolutely apalling club, I thought I'd have a quick pick-me-up before heading over. Unfortunately, munitions have been running low at the house as of late, and being that I don't spend a heck of a lot of time there these days, I haven't had opportunity or motive to change that. So, in a pinch, a rum and coke will do, right?

Let's go to the videotape.

The rum: white.
The Coke: Pepsi. Diet. Diet Pepsi.

(A quick aside: yes, I stock diet pop these days. I got paranoid about my teeth rotting and falling out (another aside, this one a bit longer) a couple of months ago and decided to cut out the obvious source of sugar. Although my dentist has since assured me that I don't have anything to worry about, I've sort of stuck with it. At least at home. I'm a social raw-sugar consumer. The transition was actually a lot easier than I'd thought, and definitely way easier than it was last summer when I tried to switch as part of a *cough*bodybuilding thing*endcough*.)

It's not that bad. It's not good, but it's not bad. For some reason, I'm reminded of the end (director's cut) of Blade Runner:

It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?

Stay tuned for a concert review for The Walkmen...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jefe said...

Ooh I'm excited for the Walkmen review...I was considering going to their show in Houston in two weeks but hadn't bought the ticket yet.

3:51 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

Diet coke is fucking disgusting. What is wrong with you?

10:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

8:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home