A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My all-time top ten lists

A lot of people it seems have lists of songs they’d like to have in specific situations: On a desert isle, during a make-out session, after a break-up, or the songs they’d listen to on their iPod if they worked as a landscaper for the city of Peoria, Illinois. (My number one on that list is “Material Girl”)

Here’s my list of songs I want to be played at my funeral:

That home recording I made of myself singing Chuck Berry’s “My Ding a-ling”
The Cantina Song from Star Wars
Arthur’s Theme (The Best That You Can Do) – Christopher Cross
Wait (The Whisper Song) – Ying Yang Twins
Parents Just Don’t Understand – DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
Peter Brady singing “Time to Change”
40 minutes of chatter from the air traffic control tower at Chanute Air Force Base, Rantoul, Illinois.

As guests are filing out after the service:

The credits music from The Price is Right

1 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

You crack me the fuck up--I would pay a million dollars for them to play the Cantina song at my funeral, BUT the effect would have to be completed by the complete star wars Cantina band in full costume w/instruments in the corner next to the casket or something.

4:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home