A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Thursday, April 16, 2009

An Open Letter to Bill Simmons

Bill,

I've got some great advice on how to get over the disappointment that, judging from your column today, you clearly feel regarding the revelation of Kevin Garnett's knee injury.

Step 1) Go to Wikipedia and note that Boston, as a city, has won 6 major-sport titles in the last 8 years across the three major American sports (3 Super Bowls for the Patriots, 2 World Series for the Red Sox, and 1 NBA Championship for the Celtics).

Step 2) Get. The Fuck. Over it.

Step 3) Repeat Step 2 as necessary.

Love, luck and lollipops,

Neill

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:09 AM

 
Blogger steve said...

I just read that post too. I AM A BOSTON SPORTS FAN. EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Omar said...

I'll put up with the occasional Boston chest thumping obnoxiousness because I still can't think of a more compelling writer on the espn website. There, I said it.

4:08 PM

 
Blogger Omar said...

Additionally, in assessing the current state of the playoffs, you would be hard pressed to deny his claim that it would take a miracle for any teams other than Cleveland and LA not making it out of their respective conferences. I usually look forward to NBA Playoff season, but I fear this one may well be a snoozer until the Finals.

4:12 PM

 
Blogger neill said...

More compelling than Rick Reilly and Gene Wojechowski?!?!?!

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home