A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"An elegant weapon... for a more civilized time."

I was primed to think more about Cold War politics last week when Yeltsin died, but it just occurred to me that yesterday was May Day, and I sort of miss it.

Or, since I was 10 in 1991, what I really miss is the idea of it. The world's a lot simpler when you can divide everybody into two teams. Sure, it's a step backwards--to a time before the environment and labor rights were prominent diplomatic topics--but it's also quite a bit more elegant. It's a step back to a time when your hockey video game was Red vs. Blue, and the Red guys were fat and had moustaches and skated out to the Soviet national anthem.

Anyone know the next time Rocky IV is going to be on TV?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home