A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Red Car, SLOW DOWN!

We all know that teachers are underpaid.

Right?

It turns out that it's actually just that almost all teachers are underpaid. While trying to figure out what sales tax in DeKalb is, I found a document that listed the highest-paid public school employees for the 2003-2004 season in DeKalb County. Mr. Holt, the junior driver's ed instructor, made $91k.

True, he's the public school instructor most likely to be killed in the line of duty--or at least, he was when I was there; I understand that DHS is rapidly ghetto-izing these days--but Christ on a fucking crutch that's a lot of money.

Edit: here's the link for DeKalb County figures. No idea where to find the data for UIUC or anywhere else.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Mr Holt? Yikes

11:34 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

Also, where is the illinois employee salary listing? I've been wanting to look up some UIUC employees for a while, I'm pretty sure it's online but I can't get the googlefu on it.

11:45 PM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

I bet Kunkle was making 6 figures.

8:49 AM

 
Blogger steve said...

I found all the Illinois public k-12 school figures at www.thechampion.org, some annoying conservative website. If you ever wanted to know exactly how much fiance makes, now is the time, I guess.

9:53 AM

 
Blogger neill said...

It seems to me that there ought to be some cutoff when disclosing public employee salaries. Representatives, governors, even professors--sure, let's have some oversight, even if it is courtesy from a bunch of Uzi-toting blackshirts. I feel like I don't need to know how much Rachel makes for herding the little brats at her school, and that it's not really that relevant to public policy (aside from the point that maybe you deserve hazard pay if you're teaching Stabby McStabbins). But then at the same time, I wish I had known sooner that Mr. Holt is rolling in benjamins, which is totally outlandish.

4:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home