A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Sunday, December 17, 2006

I Can't Ball for Shit

It's true. I can't dribble, can't defend, and can barely shoot--although I can pass a little bit.

Of course, the problem is that basketball, for whatever it's other merits is definitely a sport where incompetence is identified quickly--and punished severely. No hiding out in right field or at side-back, nosiree. Once it becomes clear that you can't ball, your opponents will mark you for it and victimize you, repeatedly.

This wouldn't really be on my mind except that this morning I was trying to guard a 6'4", 200 lb African-American man whose exquisite moustache was only outdone by his game (both of which belied his likely 30-35 years). Blocking him on the first posession gave way to him scoring like 7 of his team's 11 points the rest of the way.

Clearly, I need to start wearing glasses rather than contacts when I play.

1 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

It looks like some sort of hell beast claw is guarding Kurt Rambis in that picture. That's awesome. Only Satan can keep Kurt from the hoop.

6:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home