A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Friday, April 21, 2006

Take it, to the limit, one more time.

Wanted to try to share a few files with those folks who may visit this. Never done it before so I figured, eh, what the hell.

Andrew Bird - "Nervous Tic Motion"


I don't really know what more to say about this guy than, in my best Joey Lawrence impersonation, "Whoa." Something about this whole thing is just so, well, neat-o. It's got about 3 seperate movements within the track itself, all adding up to a cool-as-hell song. I like the interplay of the violins, the electric guitar, the electro-drum beats, and that winsome whistle. And somehow Mr. Bird's voice just really meshes perfectly with the whole thing to make a nicely constructed song.




Destroyer - "Students Carve"

This track is off of This Night, which should be coming to me soon. I hear it is one of Destroyer's worse albums, but oh wells. For $1.49 I can't be too pissed off at any new albums I receive, in my estimation. So this one I like for it's light, airiness. I'm finally getting used to Bejar's voice so it makes all subsequent listening easier and easier. See what you think.


The Kinks - "Powerman (demo)"

I just received The Kinks Lola vs. Powerman and the Money-go-round. I had several of their other releases (Village Green Preservation Society, Arthur, and Something Else) but this one really is somthing new. I love the big guitars, the huge "rock-band" sound. It just feels like they are going over the top, and we're certainly the better for it. Very impressive indeed.


Band of Horses - "Weed Party"

I just have heard a few of these guys songs. There are obvious parallels between the dude's vocals and The Shins, but I like this song a bit anyways. Alright...I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home