A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Q: Who's a black sheep; what's a black sheep?

In the spirit of glad tidings and the upcoming Beach Party weekend here in Galveston, I'd like to take a moment to revisit some of my favorite rappzarios of yesteryear.

DAS EFX

Members: 2; Skoob & Krazy Drazyz

Hair stylings: Natty Dread

Lyrical prowess: Tongue-twistin' goodness.

Hood status: Straight from the sewer

Sample Lyric: (from "Loosey's")
I kicked slang to her, all my niggas knew her
I wanted to gas ahead and take her back to the sewer
to do her, screw her
I knew I had to hush
when I felt my belly drop and the spot turned to mush
Um, shush shush, I need me a push
I felt loosey bubblin, trouble in my tush
Then the gush came gushin, rushin, splat!
The juice hooked my Davy D's quick like that

FU-SCHNIKENS
Members: 3; Chip Fu, Moc Fu, Poc Fu

Hair Stylings: Hi-Fade

Lyrical prowess: Catchy verses, sing-along choruses

Hood status: rolling deep with Shaq-fu

Sample Lyric: (from "La Schmoove")
Back in the groove, it's no way you can handle this
Shit so fly, that you can call it scandalous
Cause I mani-fest in, words that I'm preachin
Unleashin, you now seek the sounds that I'm teachin
I hear NOT see NOT, knots to makes butts ROCK
I rides rhythm to the beginnin, then won't stop
The Chinese Son of Sam, the Skipper's Peter Pan
The rootinest tootinest cowboy in the East
Releasin, a new type of lyrical lingo
Single, +The Alarm+, the girls cooties I will tingle
No expiration date, so you know I won't EXPIRE
No skippin a weekly check, so I don't have to RETIRE

BLACK SHEEP
Members: 2; Dres & Mista Lawnge

Hair stylings: Mohawk via cubism

Lyrical prowess: Tight, 100% fly shit.

Hood status: Keepin' it real


Sample Lyric: (from "The Choice is Yours")
The styling is creative, Black Sheep of the Native
Can't be violated, or even decepticated
I got brothers in the Jungle, cousins on the Quest
Deaf retarded uncles, in parties were they rest
Guess, which way, what, when, how
Mista Lawnge, Dres, Black Sheep slam NOW
Know you've heard the others, phonies to the lovers
Then of course, the choice is yours

DEL THA FUNKEE HOMOSAPIEN
Members: 1; Del That Funkee Homosapien (and, apparently, Ice Cube's cousin)

Hair Stylings: Nothing fancy

Lyrical prowess: Deep baritone with witticisms interspliced.

Hood status: N/A

Sample Lyric: (From "Mistadobalina")
Mistadobalina, Mistabobdobalina, Mistabobdobalina,
won't you quit
you really make me sick with ya fraudulent behavior
you're gonna make me flip and then an army couldnt save ya
why don't you behave ya little rugrat
take a little tip from the tabloid
because I know I'm not paranoid
when I say I saw ya tryin' to mock me
now you and your crew are on a mission tryin' to hawk me

DIGABLE PLANETS

Members: 3; Butterfly, Ladybug Mecca, and Doodlebug

Hair stylings: Nappy head

Lyrical prowess: Introspective, free-flow, contemplative

Hood status: Smokey Jazz Club denizen

Sample Lyric: We like the breeze flow straight out of our lids
Them they got moved by these hard rock Brooklyn kids
Us flow a rush when the DJ's boomin classics
You dig the crew on the fattest hip hop records
He touch the kinks and sinks into the sounds
She frequents the fatter joints called undergrounds
Our funk zooms like you hit the Mary Jane
They flock to booms man boogie had to change
Who freaks the clips with mad amount percussion
Where kinky hair goes to unthought of dimensions
Why's it so fly cause hip hop kept some drama
When Butterfly rocked his light blue-suede Pumas
What by the cut we push it off the corner
How was the buzz entire hip hop era?
Was fresh and fat since they started sayin audi
Cause funks made fat from right beneath my hoodie
The puba of the styles like Miles and shit
Like sixties funky worms with waves and perms
Just sendin chunky rhythms right down ya block
We be to rap what key be to lock
But
I'm cool like dat

3 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Dude, that part from that first shitty rap group was fucking revolting. Makes my skin crawl just reading it, and I'm not that easy to gross out.

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

Yeah that song was never good. I can't believe they were able to make a song about diarrhea. Especially when they mixed it with stories about lovin'.

12:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shitty rap group? that's a little rough on das efx. loosey may not be their best song. meserve, perhaps you should have instead posted from 'they want efx':

Bum stiggedy bum stiggedy bum, hon, I got the old pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
But I can fe-fi-fo-fum, diddly-bum, here I come
So Peter Piper, I'm hyper than Pinochio's nose
I'm the supercalafragilistic tic-tac pro
I gave my oopsy, daisy, now you've got the crazy
Crazy with the books, Googley-goo where's the gravy
So one two, unbuckle my, um shoe
Yabba Doo, hippity-hoo, crack a brew
So trick or treat, smell my feet, yup I drippedy-dropped a hit
So books get on your mark and spark that old censorship
Drats and double drats, I smiggedy-smacked some whiz kids
The boogedy-woogedly Brooklyn boy's about to get his, dig
My waist bone's connected to my hip bone
My hip bone's connected to my thigh bone
My thigh bone's connected to my knee bone
My knee bone's connected to my hardy-har-har-har
The jibbedy-jabber jaw ja-jabbing at your funny bone, um
Skip the ovaltine, I'd rather have a honeycomb
Or preferably the sesame, Let's spiggedy-spark the blunts, um
Dun dun dun dun dun, dun dun

They want EFX, some live EFX
They want EFX, some live EFX
They want EFX, some live EFX
Snap a neck for some live EFX

much love for some of these classic rap albums you posted...i would have also included 3rd bass "the cactus album", brand nubian "one for all" and nas "illmatic"

anyway, peace out biaatches...tk

10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home