A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Friday, November 10, 2006

Horrible album art

I have found some of the most ridiculous, incomprehensible works of album art and decided to share them with you. There are others that are a little more vile that I didn't want to put on here and have to see everytime I logged on the Lemur. Enjoy.

Kenny Loggins - Keep the Fire
Who doesn't need a little Jesus in their life? Nobody, that's who!













Young M.C. - Ain't Going Out Like That
No, you're right. You are, however, going out like this, which is to say, "a chump."







Swamp Dog - Surfin' in Harlem
Just utterly ridiculous.












Deep Purple - Fireball
Actually, almost every single one of Deep Purple's albums is adorned with some ridiculous incarnation of their five faces on the cover--as candles, Mt. Rushmore, in a wine goblet, or, in this case, a comet. Wow. Along with Deep Purple, Millie Jackson has quite the oeuvre, as do the Scorpions, Prince, and...









Manowar - Into Glory Ride
"Timmy, do you like movies about Gladiators?"














Part Chimp - I am Come
Then, there's just the shittiest drawings that you've ever seen. I hope this went platinum and they had to hang it on their wall.











The Bee Gees - Life in a Tin Can
Then, there's literal cut-n-paste cropping, long before Photoshop came around.













Queen - The Miracle
Something about this one, however, just gives me the creeps. It gives me vertigo. It causes erectile dysfunction. It gives me dyspepsia. It ain't right!

2 Comments:

Blogger Guy Tarkington said...

Is that Part Chimp album cover a drawing of Trogdor the Burninator?

3:16 PM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

I didn't think of that, but yes, I think it is!

8:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home