A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Monday, May 22, 2006

New awareness ribbon proposal

I don't think there are enough "Issue Awareness" ribbons and pins. Sure, everyone knows the red AIDS ribbon, and the various cancer awareness ribbons and wristbands, but I think it's time for a new one for a cause that's very important to me.

Please support obesity awareness by purchasing and wearing the obesity awareness ribbon. You can obtain one from the American Cancer Society, major retail stores or any Circle K.

Did I mention this ribbon is made of bacon? Because I want people to know that obesity is a real problem that can't be "wished" away, but to be faced, dealt with, and placed on toasted bread with lettuce and tomato.

Some real conditions and issues I found online that already have awareness ribbons:
  • Short bowel syndrome
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (which I have found you can pick at for hours)
  • Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome
  • Hypo Plastic Left Heart Syndrome

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home