A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Friday, May 05, 2006

Motorways and tramlines

I've been listening to OK computer all week. I was listening to Paranoid Android in the shower when it suddenly occured to me--this song actually had significant MTV rotation presence and also on the radio... I'm not going to make any bold pronouncements or anything, but Paranoid Android is an exceptionally non-radio song, even by radiohead or ok computer standards; the multipart opera thing going on, the unusual instrumentation and the lyrics in general.

It's pretty hard to believe this was on the radio and they had an (incredibly bizarre cartoon) video for this 10 years ago that people actually heard and saw.

3 Comments:

Blogger neill said...

You don't listen to enough radio-- the new Tool single has been in heavy rotation on Deeeeeetroit!'s one alt-rock station. It's way more casual-unlistenable than "Paranoid."

1:47 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

I must admit I'm not an avid radio listener, you're right.

1:53 PM

 
Blogger neill said...

Whoa, whoa-- avid, no. Held at gunpoint because my car doesn't have a cd player or tape deck and the new fm transmitter the ladyfriend got me for my birthday doesn't like my ipod anymore, yes.

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home