A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Monday, June 23, 2008

fantasy bb trade advice

So here's the trade somebody just proposed to me for fantasy bb:

Edinson Vólquez (theirs)

for

Lance Berkman (mine)

Lance is the #1 ranked player, Volquez is #8. And I'm currently fair to middlin' in terms of wins and K's (but doing very well in every other category). Do you think Volquez will continue to pitch well? Berkman had a TORRID start, but I don't see him keeping up the pace for the rest of the season...

>shock<

But...I also have Pujols on the sidelines (currently DL) who could take up Berkman's slack. And Adam Wainwright (and Shawn Marcum) are on the DL for me right now. But Volquez is such a beast...I'm just wondering if his arm will hold up. Still it's a kinda cool blockbuster trade...

I know some of y'all are quite knowledgeable about sports so please suggest away...the trade was just proposed today. I'm kind of inclined to just accept it and let the chips fall where they may. And here's my league if you want to check out what's going on:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/49027

(I'm From a Motel 6)

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger neill said...

Just so we're clear -- you want to trade for a 24-year-old phenom pitcher who plays for a team managed by Dusty Baker?

10:27 PM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

Oh shit, I forgot the whole Dusty Baker angle. Damn him! Yeah...there is an uncertainty factor, and Volquez's about at the height of his value...just kind of a intriguing offer.

So I take it you'd nix the proposal?

7:46 AM

 
Blogger steve said...

I wouldn't do it. The chance of devastating injury, ignoring the dusty baker problem, is too high.

12:53 PM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

Yeah...that was the other thing. I mean, he's had a great 1st half but the second half is anyone's guess, especially considering that he's never thrown more than 34 innings in a season before. Thanks for the advice...glad I didn't jump the gun.

2:14 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

Stick with Fat Elvis, he'll treat you right.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

Big Puma: walks heavily and carries big stick

4:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home