A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Wireless security setup can bite me

And while we're at it, Windows also can bite me.
Are you seriously telling me that you won't recognize WPA encryption?
Yet you will take the WEP, which is supposedly far inferior and outdated, with no problem?
Riiiight.

This is another reason I would enjoy the switch to Macs. Their OS is soooooo much nicer to use than Windows. You do pay for it though.

But, just in case any of you have to do this (also, I recommend being well caffeinated before attempting any such thing), I found several useful sites here, here, here, here, and here.

Also: I'm a big fan of del.icio.us. Useful for transferring work bookmarks to home. Hells yea.

And before I get too angry about the wireless networking, I have to remember this was American life 60 years ago.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Very odd. I've never heard that WPA is anything but very smooth in Windows.

12:47 PM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

Yeah the problem came when I tried to enter the WPA key. It wanted only 5 or 13 character entries, and I would enter my chosen password and an error would flash saying that. When I went to WEP, no problem. Whatever.

5:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home