A locus for eccentrics (hopefully)

Monday, March 17, 2008

That's it, I'm buying a hat

I'll admit it: I've been away from the NBA for a long while now. I'm not sure exactly why...part of it may have been a lingering hangover from an MJ-less league, part of it may have been the ennui in the faces of NBA superstars (to my eyes, anyway), part of it may have been my own sheer laziness. But all I can say is--wow. These Rockets are fun to watch. No matter that pretty much every play (excepting the Sunday Lakers-Rockets game--a total anomaly) McGrady is handed the ball at the top of the key; you know the guy is going to take 30 shots a game. I just like this scrappy team, even without Yao. Scola is a stud, Mutombo is still a gigantor, Shane Battier, Bobby Jackson...even the guy who hit eight 3-pointers on Sunday.


All I can say is that they have renewed my interest in the sport, even if it will pretty much only revolve around watching them the rest of the season. So, in sum, this infatuation can only mean one thing: I'm buying a damn Rockets hat.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Omar said...

Stunning to me that the Rockets have had this level of success without Yao. I guess The Sports Guy's Ewing Theory rears its head yet again:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1193711


For me, the season's highlights have been the prospect of another Celtics-Lakers NBA Finals, as well as the massive disconnect between the Western Conference, which may have EIGHT 50-win teams this season, and the East, who currently has a team in playoff contention that is on pace for a 34-win season. I haven't gotten much of a chance to watch Houston this season, but recent reports have me interested. I've always thought McGrady was a stud, although I remain dubious about Rick Adelman's ability to coach a playoff team.

10:20 AM

 
Blogger steve said...

You think you like the rockets? You should hear about Neill's girlfriend's parents.

9:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

11:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home